April update on planning for the 2021 Regatta

Colin LawsonNews

There have been some limited changes since we last contacted everyone.

The committee is still working on the principle of planning for a rowing-only regatta on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th June.

In the light of feedback from clubs in the region we will not proceed with plans for events for Juniors and University crews on the Friday.

We have been liaising with Durham County Council and are waiting on advice from them and the Safety Advisory Group. Similarly for the Police.

We expect to publish a prospectus in early May, if our plans get the green light.

We look forward to receiving as much support and help as possible from our members and other volunteers.

With best wishes
Dr Nigel van Zwanenberg
Chairman Durham Regatta